THIS MOMENT IN TIME

Let me freeze this moment in time,
capture and hold it forever,
for when there is no reason or rhyme
that my thoughts cant stay together,
or I cant return from yesterday;
on a path I alone can travel.
In diffused shades of grey,
fragments of time unravelled.

I want to hold you so near,
that time could never erase,
that in you which I hold so dear,
which can endure life's friction frays,
yet let my grasp be gentle and light,
so that you may have freedom to be caught
and carried by your fantasy flight,
to find all you have sought.

In the magic of this moments spell,
I want to whisper all I feel,
careful not to harshly dispel,
the illusion that it is'nt real,
can my emotions be tightly bound?
Can the impulse to dance in delight?
All be brought to ground,
in this moment of time tonight.

written after reading on the risks of Alzheimers
and the desire to cherish every moment that I can remember
in the prayer that I can remember forever,
And thinking of those who have Alzheimers
and their care givers.
in love stan

Comments

I needed comfort today, and so I came to your blog, hoping your poetic musings would appease my restlessless.

This Moment in Time talks to me about my own budding self-discoveries and the fears that spring with them..

Popular posts from this blog

FOR THE GIRL FROM QATIF

Who, What Motivates The Motivater?

PLEASE DON'T SAY A WORD