CHERISH CHILDREN

It is for me once more
that time of the year,
when my paternal emotions soar,
as the festive season draws near.
Doll houses I crafted with care,
every year a different style,
with a desire to be there,
to watch you play with them for a while.
Sometimes what I miss most ,
is that I never got to know you,
or the moments to hold you close,
and share the wonder of you.

Had I but a moment to tell the world,
of their greatest treasure;
in that moment all truth unfurled,
angelic reposes constant pleasure,
locks of hair tangled in sleep.
Let nothing steal your attention,
in gaurding their safekeep,
or abuse their unconditional affection.
In running here and there,
let not thoughtless neglect,
make you forget they are there;
in that moment I ask this in humble respect.

I came across a couple of sites I would like to share.
Every year we read about children and animals dying in closed up cars
and closed up spaces, refrigarators disposed with doors intact,
I think of my own I have never seen,
cherish what you have been blessed with
Stan
http://www.forgetmenotusa.com

http://www.kidsincars.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOR THE GIRL FROM QATIF

Who, What Motivates The Motivater?

PLEASE DON'T SAY A WORD