AFTER THE CRASH

Taking dreams off the shelf,
wiping off the settled dust
repairing wounded parts of myself;
disillusion baking a hard crust;
an armour of protection,
sealing blocking my trust.
Looking at old stillborn dreams,
scars not only renewing pain,
also the zest of lifestreams
the vibrance of being born again
releasing pent up inner screams
numbed by shackled restrain.
Marking off different stages
pivotal points clear and stark,
some clouded by varying ages,
others half forgotten in the dark,
a few scribbled on a page,
delicately folded into a bookmark.
From brimming bubbling success,
to stumbling bumbling tripping failure,
all parts are more or less
that which helps me to endure,
when all seems a random mess
in a discordant overture.


Comments

Again, poignant.

You sound like you have been through a lot over the last couple of months Stan. Sorry to hear things can get so tough even at the later stages of life.

Take care of yourself mate, and know that your cyber buddies are there for you.
Anonymous said…
Hi Stan
Thanks for your visit on my blog... I've got some poetry of my own on my blog which you can read and I would like you to comment on it...if you feel like it...on this link you will find the English poem too...tks!
http://chessaleeinlondon.wordpress.com/2008/01/13/paaie-van-herinnering/
I would like to come back to your blogs as I love poetry myself... you will also find translations of Afrikaans poets on my blog..a poem written by Totius..."O die pyngedagte"...here's the link...if you want to comment...tks!

http://chessaleeinlondon.wordpress.com/2007/11/12/seven-ii/
Anonymous said…
hi Stan
tks for the comments on my blogger-blog...but I'm bloggin more in detail on Wordpress... the same link is on Wordpress... the one in my previous message is where i am "now".. but i do blog just short bits on blogger-blog (my old blog)... so you will find the most up-to-date poems on my Wordpress blog... take your tent and slip away! :)
you will also find a poem of Eugene Marais which i tried to translate for the chess player-friends i'm playing on a site.. i'm not a translater though..just trying.. so more people can enjoy the best poetry... ;)
Anonymous said…
Hello, I am a student of Geography at the University of Warsaw in Poland. I'm working on my M.A. thesis about people in South Africa. And I would like to know what do you think and what are your feelings about life in SA :) Would you help me? Please :)
Below is link to my survey if you want help me, thank you!
The survey will take no more than 10 minutes of your time.

http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=1118725

Popular posts from this blog

FOR THE GIRL FROM QATIF

PLEASE DON'T SAY A WORD