FINDING WAYS TO SAY

There are unknown paths to explore,
undiscovered hidden thoughts to analyse,
to show me ways to love you more,
to get me to stop and realise
for our love to sail the storms,
come through them stronger
cant or wont be found in prescribed forms,
or the obsession to conquer.

Maybe I could try to make a start,
by learning to listen,
to words whispered from the heart,
or wipe your tears that glisten;
place your needs above mine,
discover your one secret desire,
nurture your talent for it to shine
a bright beacon of hope amidst the mire.

Show my love through my actions,
and stop trying to remould;
and destroying what was the attraction,
rather allow that truth to unfold,
by being close to you in laughter and tears,
not allowing us to become strangers,
by embracing my own fears,
and illusions of unreal dangers.

All said and done,
words strung together,
there are still only three
which I can say,
and they don't say it all.
"I LOVE YOU"

Comments

Beautiful poetry Stan! Lots of lessons for Bridget in your words!

Wish you a very Happy New Year. May it be filled with laughter and success. Look forward to more poetry from you next year! :)
Stan, where are you? Hope all okay with you and it's just being busy elsewhere that keeps you from blogging.

Hope to read more of your beautiful poetry soon.

Popular posts from this blog

FOR THE GIRL FROM QATIF

PLEASE DON'T SAY A WORD

HIGHWAY MINISTRY