PLEASE DON'T SAY A WORD

Please don't say a word.
When I'm back on the road
I'll think of promises I heard;
that they were lies will leave me cold,
I would rather fill my senses,
with the love which we now feel
when nerves are as taut fences
loves balm will make it seem real.

____________

Please don't say a word.
Lets fill the air we breathe,
with the sound of our heartbeat,
the thundering of a stampeding herd,
so that when we take our leave,
this moment will be our retreat
from the insane mess of life
with all its maddening strife.

_____________

Please dont say a word.
Let's rise on currents of air
on the unfurled wings of a bird,
to a world where all is fair,
to where there is no deceit
where we can forget the unjust,
of having to deceive,
all who have placed in us trust.

_______________

If you have to say something,
say it meant something.

Comments

I don't have words to describe how I feel as I read your poem Stan.

It took me back to the moment when I broke up with my ex. We had our last moment on a beach in Dubai. We cried our eyes out and then he held me, we stood facing the sea, and that's what I told him, please don't say a word, when I'm back on the road, i'll think of promises I heard...

I haven't thought of that moment in a long time. The memory is too painful. Your poem makes me remmeber tonight. And the tears fall unchecked..

Popular posts from this blog

FOR THE GIRL FROM QATIF

Who, What Motivates The Motivater?